Sunday, September 07, 2008

What's the deal with me and phones?

I guess some things are just not meant to be. Yep, you guessed it right. In less than a month, I lost yet another cellphone. This September '08 loss was brought to you by SMB Oktoberfest --- mahaba-haba nga yung inuman pagkatapos.

To be honest, I lost count of how many phones I've said goodbye to (or rather, how many phones never bothered to tell me goodbye... sniff.). Must be around 10? (Bugsy, how many times did you receive 'Hi-I-lost-my-phone' messages?) I can only remember the highlights. Like my first phone --- it was a Nokia 5110, lost in MegaMall's Surplus Shop. I left it in the dressing room, and it was gone when I came back for it. I was crying so hard (in public! Eeeep!). I almost told Tidoy I couldn't go to her debut because I was too sad. Emo much? Haha!

I've been trying to rack my brain, but I can't remember what phone came after that. I do remember that I had a Nokia 3330, 8250 (I loved this one!), 7250i, 3310, Motorola Slvr L7, Razr... sheesh. I had to look for a visual poster on the evolution of Nokia phone models to remind me. Can't remember if I ever owned an Ericsson. I do know I had a Samsung something -- I was the only one who knew how to send messages with it. Haha.

After going through so many losses, you'd think I'd be more wary. At least I've stuck to keeping my phones on a cord, as my sister always reminds me to get one after each 'na-Ish-nanaman-ako' moment. It's happened so many times that no one really in my family really gets shocked anymore when I tell them I lost another one. It's more like, 'O, talaga? Text mo, baka isoli. Hanap ka ng lumang di ginagamit. O eto uli number ko.'

Most of the time, I've accepted that it's just this thing with me. Like how some people forget their keys. The most recent loss was the only one that really got me fuming mad. It was the first time that a phone was deliberately ripped off from my pocket. Hinayupak na Jumping Jolog yun; mabangga ka sana ng trak, mabalia't mabugbog at manatiling buhay. I guess most of the time, it's not really that I'm too careless; it's just that I'm too naive that I really do believe that nobody really wishes to do you harm, or nobody really conceives of doing something mean to anyone else. Hay. Right now, I hate the fact that I get paranoid whenever I see groups of Jumping Jologs (or JJs for short). Yesterday, I didn't know if it was just paranoia or if Sta. Lucia should officially be declared JJ-hotel. I've lost that good-old trust in people. Dammit.

Oh well, so friends, you know the drill. I'll probably be getting around to getting my old number reactivated this afternoon, so send me your names & numbers tomorrow to replenish the phonebook. Thanks guys, and hopefully I can hold on to my new phone for at least the end of the year. :)

No comments: