Sunday, September 02, 2007

Og Mandino's The Greatest Salesman in the World

A long-overdue wake-up call for me. I think this piece of fiction holds more promise than any self-help book out there (not that I've ever been a fan of self-help books). I'm barely past halfway, and already its words have already seeped through how I think, process, accept, and reject things. A good guide for the lost, for those putting up with a streak of defeat, or for those settling for just leaning on life's inertia. I love how its lines overwhelm me, that I just have to stop and let the words just linger for a while.

Of course, like any other insight, it should not be mistaken for wisdom. For knowledge without action remains simply as that -- knowledge. Or worse, folly.

1 comment:

Ardee Aram said...

Ay, gustong gusto ko din yang book na yan! The best. Saves me from my darkest moments.

Hehe, your blog is still alive and kicking ah! Good luck!